Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Product Review - Jouer Body Butter

I have one of my favorite Birchbox acquisitions to share with you next up today! This product is ridiculously luxurious, smells amazing, and feels great, too.


I received a small pot of Jouer's body butter in one of my first Birchboxes. I absolutely loved it. The scent is just ridiculously amazing, and I usually shy away from strong florals. On the other hand, it only lasted as long as the product did, and I did not have an overwhelming "leftover" scent from the butter the morning after I used it.

My sample was fairly small, so I do not know how long-term use of this product would affect skin quality. I will say that while I was using it on my feet, I was not getting blisters, and it helped slough off some dead skin over the winter. It is plain pampering to use, and it is absolutely wonderful to enjoy during the application process. It includes essences of gardenia, jasmine, and honeysuckle.

It came in the cutest little glass pot, but unfortunately I dropped it and broke it while I was cleaning. In general, though, I think you could use it for repotting eyeshadow or any foil products. I am a little bummed that mine broke.

I have nothing but good things to say about Jouer. They were also kind enough to send me some samples of their cosmetics so that I could find some matches for my skintone, and tossed in a bunch of extras while doing so. I will be reporting in on these down the road, but Jouer definitely has a great attitude, so I am happy to be giving their first product I have finished off a five star review! Does anyone know their policies on animal testing, out of curiosity? I would love to hear that they are a cruelty-free company to boot.

I will definitely be rebuying this product. I already miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment