Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Product Review - Giovanni "Wellness with Chinese Botanicals" Shampoo and Conditioner



















Hey guys! This afternoon I have a shampoo and conditioner set to talk about. I picked up a bunch of samples of Giovanni's "Wellness with Chinese Botanicals" shampoo and conditioner, so I wanted to try it and see how it worked.

Giovanni's has a lot of nice hair and body products. I usually love trying their samples, and they make pretty much the only shampoo/conditioner set for reds that is still on the American market. I love different botanicals, so I was expecting to really enjoy trying this.

Unfortunately, I was a little let down by this product. I would almost like to have tried it in bottle form, though, because I always worry that my impressions of foil samples are set by how large the foil sample packet was. In this case, I felt like it honestly just did not do a very good job of cleansing my hair. I have normal to oily hair, and it felt like it did very little to remove the oil -- or maybe that was just because of the shampoo packet size?

It has a nice scent, and I think the botanicals do add a bit to the quality, especially of the conditioner. I had no trouble combing my hair after using it, and I think they probably would do a lot of good for the scalp after being used for the long-term.

On the whole, this might be better either rotated with a better shampoo to get the herbal benefits or used by somebody who has fewer oil issues. As it is, I am still on the fence unless I get a larger sample to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment