Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Product Review - Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub

Holy crap. Yes, yes that is a Wal-Mart brand you see!


This has been a staple of my shower and beauty routine for years. I have bad breakouts if I stop using this product, and I also use it as a body scrub, even though I think it is sort of intended more as a facial/neck product.

I always have wanted to try the St. Ives product upon which this store-brand is based, but I have never gotten around to it. Any comments from people who have tried one or both?

I think the one drawback is that the grit, which is (I think) ground walnut shell, can accumulate in your tub if you do not wash it away right away. Also, the salicylic acid, I have been told, can cause increased melanin production in your skin. Again -- anyone who can tell me if this is true, please comment!

I can definitely tell if I go a couple of days without using this. It is a great blemish control product, and I think an essential for anyone with unfortunately blemish-prone or oily skin. It's a nice body product, too, and I have never had any problems using it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment