Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Polish Review - Zoya "Holly"

I have a beautiful nail polish to share with everyone today! I have Zoya's "Holly" from their Holiday 2011 "Gems and Jewels" collection. I would have chosen this one myself, but it was sent to me in my November 2011 Birchbox as a half-sized sample. I may have to buy the full-size eventually -- it's beautiful!


You can really see the depth and texture of this polish, even in the bottle. I love greens and blues like this -- I think this one honestly looks like a true emerald green. 
Forgive the dent (in #15) -- I think I may have smacked my nail wheel against the desk right after I swatched it.



As you can see, I do not have anything in my collection quite like "Holly."

I wore it as a pedicure color, since I wanted to get a good feel for how long it wore. It lasted fairly nicely, though I admit that I rarely am as much of a stickler for chipping or "mushing" on toes as I am on fingers. It is a fabulous color on, and looks great.

As a caveat, it takes forever to dry. I think I may have given this an overnight between coats, and the second coat still started to gum up a little bit. Definitely not a quick manicure, but so worth it once it is on and where it is supposed to be!

I also bought "Twila" from this collection from Birchbox when it had free shipping. Overall the collection is very original and very, very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment