Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Product Review - NatureCrops Quinoa & Prunes Bar



I have another bar to review today.  This one came in my Conscious Box a few months ago.

This is a quinoa nutrition bar with a few prunes sprinkled in for flavor. Honestly, this bar did not do that much for me. I have said before that I love bars and I all but live off of them, and I had two of these bars to try since I actually got two Conscious Boxes the month that these came out. Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed with these.

First of all, I have seen on a bunch of other reviews that in spite of being marketed towards health-conscious people, these bars may actually be coated in some oils that are not particularly good for you. I am not as much of a stickler on these things as some, but I know Conscious Box subscribers may want to know that.

I also was not impressed by the flavor. I did have this one for awhile before I got around to eating it, so perhaps it took on a little of the flavor of its wrapper, but it had a very dry taste, and I could not have eaten it without having a drink on hand as well. Something also tasted a little bit off on the prunes in some spots.

I will say that I did like the quinoa part of it, and I think that the bar has a lot of potential. If it were a little more moist and if it were sealed a little better, that might solve all of its problems. For now, I am on the fence for this one, and I would want to try more flavors and more recently-made bars before I wrote off these. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment