Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

MyGlam - January 2012

I have one more new (albeit short-lived) subscription to share with you guys this month!

I decided to try subscribing to MyGlam, another recently-launched beauty subscription box. While the cost itself isn't so much of an issue, however, I really like to be impressed by subscriptions to maintain them rather than putting my own products together. While there was most certainly nothing wrong with MyGlam, and the price is very right, I did decide to put my account on hold for awhile. I did like this first bag, but I think I would have liked a few more samples. I plan to wait a little while and see if I'm lusting for other people's items before I pick it back up.

But for now, here is my January 2012 MyGlam Bag!


I think that they went out of their way to choose nice products, and I'm honestly not sure why this bag didn't strike more of a chord with me. I almost feel guilty that it didn't. Inside was:




1. Freeman Peel-Off Cucumber Mask - I have used this products for a very, very, very long time (over a decade, at least). I love the product, but it wasn't new to me. On the other hand, it was nice to get a full-size of it for free-ish, and I know I'll use it. A weird thing, though, is that I think subscribers were supposed to receive little packets of other masks, too? I did not. I wonder if anyone else did...

2. MyGlam Makeup Bag - This was probably my favorite part of the bag overall! Isn't it cute? I am really tempted to convert it to being a pencil and pen bag. :)

3. SheerCover Concealer - Although mine is in Light/Medium, I think even the light is not quite light enough for me. This one may get some eventual use, though, so I can review it.

4. Hot Ticket Nail Polish - A nice nail polish brand in "Don't Metal in My Business," which is a silver metallic. A nice shade, and really up my alley. I'm hoping I don't have any dupes!

5. Wen Cleansing Conditioner - A natural-formulated conditioner without a lot of the big "no-no" chemicals people are bemoaning right now. Apparently it cleans your hair too. Mine was in Sweet Almond Mint, which sounds nice and interesting.

... It included nail polish, a concealer theoretically in my skintone range, a cute bag...so why am I not feeling this one? It's only $10. Am I just feeling broke because I don't get a paycheck for a few more weeks?

Did you get anything different? Let me know, and let's compare notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment