Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Glossybox - June 2012

Hey guys!

After a lot of debate and delay, I finally went ahead and subscribed to Glossybox for June. Long story short, I was not able to continue my subscription for July because the card I use for subscriptions was stolen and I was not able to activate a new debit card yet, but... I am not too heartbroken. It looks like June was a decent box, but I would not have been particularly pleased with July's anyway.

It comes in an uber-Parisian, uber-feminine box:


I'm not girly, but it feels like you should be getting a Chanel No. 5-scented floppy hat in this box, so I appreciate the powder pink in spite of itself.


Cute little assemblage -- I recognize some of the products and some are new.

Now, Glossybox is $21.00 a month. That would be awesome if there were Burberry products like the gorgeous lipstick that I saw coming out in the first box, but we'll see how this one stacks up. I like the products, but they do not strike me as that much better than what I would find in a Birchbox or Sample Society.

1. vbeaute - Eye Never - 1ml - $4.75
2. vbeaute - Buying Time - 1ml - $2.80
3. vbeaute - Lite Up - 1ml -  $5.00
4. Wella - Moisturizing Treatment - .84oz - $2.57
5. A Perfume Organic - Urban Organic - .3 ml - $1.63
6.  Ofra - Eyeshadow Ice - Goldilocks - Full Size - $17.50
7. Ahava - Mineral Botanic - Velvet Cream Wash in Hibiscus & Fig - 3oz - $3.29
8. First Aid Beauty - Smooth Shave Cream - 2oz - $7.28

= $44.82

So this is clearly fiscally worth the price, though I think the eyeshadow really determines whether or not it is theoretically worth it. I got a really nice (though really blendable) color that will be pretty nice to have. I think it is actually my first creme eyeshadow, so that's cool. Unfortunately I only got half of a perfume sample. :\

Everything is really usable and I am looking forward to trying everything. If it was on the same level every month, it might challenge Julep for my favorite, but having seen July's already... eh. On the fence for resubscribing after Debit Card Apocalypse...

No comments:

Post a Comment