Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Polish Review - OPI "Last Friday Night"

Today I have yet another nail polish review for you. I am wearing the sheer-as-hell blue-base, rainbow glitter explosion that is "Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry. The song is not one of my favorites off of the CD (and why don't we have an ET polish, I'd like to know, especially given the fabulous nail art that was about to come out of the video), but I do like the polish a lot.

It's sheer as hell. I am not exaggerating. The photo of the bottle might convince you that it has a fairly solidly blue base color, but it's barely even visible. But if you can tolerate that, and tolerate the fact that it will be between a four and seven-coater (also not exaggerating), it is a really, really pretty polish. It's eye-catching to me after two days wearing it, and even where it is a little bit goopy, you can't see it, because the eye doesn't like to see the lumpier areas. It's a really flattering shade of blue on light/blue-toned skin, too, once you can see it!

I also had the strangest phenomenon with this nail polish. Maybe it was because of the multi-multi-layers, but entire nails worth of polish would randomly start to disengage from the nail. They don't chip at all, but they completely come off! I do not understand why this is happening, but it's the only real drawback aside from the lack of opacity.

Will I wear it again, in spite of the problems? Definitely. It's shiny, and I like shiny things. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment