Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Swatches - LA Colors "Craze" and Julep "Vanna"

Hi guys!

I know it has been forever since I posted. I'm still finishing my degree, I've picked up a new pet snake (Horace Slughog, who has his own Instagram), and I have lots of hair and makeup responsibilities for the wedding of one of my dearest friends. But today's post has nothing to do with any of those things!

My heart has been torn for the past five years or so between gel manicures, which really protect my nails and stop me from biting, and the 800+ bottles of regular nail polish that live in my closet. This summer, I've been trying to save a bit of money and start using the polishes that I've collected and love, which of course, for this girl, means inventorying and organizing them. I've been using a cool free app called YourCloset to organize all of my wardrobe. I'm hoping to post some outfits that I've been able to put together with it -- but of course I have a separate folder of nail polish in there too!

So why all of you are here -- in the process of adding a particular nail polish, LA Colors "Craze," to my app, I realized I could not find a good swatch from other nail bloggers. So, you guys get to see my nails for the first time (cue the giggles and eyerolling). I have horrible nails that I will cry about in another post, but they aren't completely abominable at the moment, and the manicure I came up with for this post is actually kind of cute, pop-art nails.

I paired this with Julep "Vanna" underneath and on the other nails. As you can see, "Craze" is a multicolored, round, metallic to flat glitter in a pale frosting pink base. I don't think the pink would come through on a nude nail, but you can see the color over the white. This is three coats of "Vanna" with "Craze" on the accent nails. No topcoat.

This is an older polish, but it dried pretty nicely as a glitter. I think it probably looks best over white -- the glitter is pretty maneuverable and place-able, but you have to swirl the brush a few times to gather up the glitter. LA Colors goes for about $1.00 at Dollar Tree, but it may be discontinued. I saw a few up on eBay this morning.

"Vanna," on the other hand, is a Julep product. You can find it here: Vanna . It's described as a "magnolia creme."

And without further ado, please see my swatches and manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment