Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Product Review - Sweet Earth "Mindbender Quesadilla"

Hi guys!

This morning I have something a bit different to review instead of cosmetics and beauty products, but I have an amazing food item to share: the Mindbender Quesadilla from Sweet Earth!


Some of you know that I am a vegetarian, but I am one of those vegetarians who loves meat substitutes, and I also love food. If it doesn't have meat/fish/seafood in it, I will try anything from any cuisine.

As a little background, I became vegetarian when I was 6, so I was old enough to have eaten a lot of meat, and I have surprisingly good memories of what everything tasted like. I also liked fake meat a lot when I was a kid, so back in the 90s (I swear I'm not that old...) I knew the market on meat substitutes pretty well. I haven't actually expanded my knowledge base terribly much since then, however -- most of my vegetarian cooking either uses the old standby of Morningstar/LiteLife products, tofu, or just omits the meat altogether. I've been trying very hard to expand my horizons in the past year, however.

One of the new-ish players in the vegetarian market is absolutely awesome, however: Sweet Earth. I think I have seen them around for a long time without actually trying them, but once I realized that all of their foods are vegetarian (at least all I have ever tried/seen), I had to give them a shot! If you guys like these kinds of reviews, I can give you my thoughts on some of their other products as well, but for now, I have the Mindbender Quesadilla to discuss.

This quesadilla is absolutely awesome. It has mushrooms, "savory grounds" (vegetarian turkey ground, I'd call it), spinach, poblano peppers, onions, and mozzarella/pepperjack cheese, all wrapped up in a really flavorful little tortilla. There are two quesadillas per box: they say one is a snack, and two are a meal. That's about correct! It isn't vegan with the cheese, but it's an absolutely delightful vegetarian dinner.

I microwaved these ones following the directions, but adding another 30 seconds to each quesadilla because my microwave is an old lady and needs a little more time to do her work. Using the paper towel method to crisp the tortillas a bit was excellent, and I think it absorbed a bit of the grease from the cheese as well -- yay. I topped it off with a dollop of sour cream.

I love savory food and I am obsessed with onions (sorry to everyone around me, all the time...) so this hit the perfect spot after a long day at work. The flavors really complement each other well, and there's plenty of cheese: one thing I often find in frozen Mexican dinners is that there's a significant scrimping on the cheese, and I end up piling more on... O:)

Sweet Earth continues to impress me with their variety, good ingredients, and thoughtful recipes. This is a complete win for me. Ingredients below!


I picked up mine from Target, but their products can be found at a lot of different stores! [Shameless plug for referral credits impending] If you guys want to use Instacart to pick up yours, you can get $10 off your first order with my referral link . I see the Sweet Earth products on sale fairly often, too!

I did not receive this product from the manufacturer/retailer for review.




No comments:

Post a Comment