Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Visit to a Chanel Makeup Studio - Zagreb, Croatia

This is a blog post that is ridiculously overdue, but I have wanted to take the time to do a really good post on it, so who cares if this all occurred a couple of months ago?

While I was exploring and shopping in Zagreb, I spotted a sign for Chanel. This is never a good thing. It was even worse because I had just seen swatches for Chanel Peridot, and wanted it very much. So, I was trying to find somewhere that I could buy Peridot, and this makeup studio was one of those places.

Unfortunately, I cannot read Croatian, and did not notice a sign that said that the studio had not opened yet, and that the day I decided to go in was the grand opening for journalists and bloggers and other professional types. Here is a link to one of the articles that has some lovely photos of the interior. Sooo... no makeup done that day, though they were exceptionally kind and let me try on the sample of Peridot, even though it wasn't released yet. OMG. It's so ridiculously beautiful!

Three days later I was back in Zagreb when they were open and available to the public. I was treated to a fabulous day-makeover by one of their artists, Kristina, who picked an amazing set of products, which I have listed below.

- Hydramax + Active Serum - A wonderful product; not heavy or greasy like any other moisturizer I have used. I want to get this very badly, along with...
- Hydramax + Active Gel Cream - This feels amazing, and my foundation lasted all day, feeling amazingly light. I adore this product; I finally bought the foundation (below) I tried; this will be the next product I buy.
- Demaquillant Yeux - Makeup remover; works wonderfully. Fairly inexpensive, too!

And the makeup:

- Beige Rose Pastel - Foundation - Gorgeous foundation; feels like you're wearing nothing. Nice application; lasts very well.
- Claire - Powder - This is another beautiful product that adds just a bit of hold for the foundation.
- Brun Cuivre - Eyeliner - A pencil eyeliner; almost looked like a pretty shadow once it was applied, but added a soft definition to the eyes.
Twilight - Eyeshadow - Finally she added a pinkish eyeshadow that set off the grey-blue of my eyes very nicely.
- Purple - Mascara - Last but certainly not least for the eyes, a gorgeous amethyst-purple mascara.
- Espiegle - Blush - I am horrible about wearing blush; I have trouble finding colors that don't make me look like a clown. However, this one was perfect -- more of a peach than a pink.
- Rebelle - Lipstick - Very last but very not least, Kristina used a rich color of orange-coral-red that looked stunning as a pop of color. I love Rebelle and can't wait to own it.


While my makeup was being finished, I also had a beautiful manicure done, with Chanel's hand cream and Paradoxal. I've always wanted to see Paradoxal in person. It's beautiful -- but I was so surprised by how subtle the shimmer is! Definitely one on my want-list, however. :)

I can't believe how beautiful the whole look was. It had a wonderful summer day feel and look, and it lasted a very long time! My manicure lasted as well -- I was able to wear it all the way home a week later. Chanel's products wowed me, as did the talent of my makeup artist. Many thanks to her!

I did buy a product, though my debit card was in distress so I did not buy anything else (though now I wish I had). I did pick up Black Pearl, finally, the beautiful nail polish that was everywhere last year. They included two samples: the hydrating serum and a Rouge Coco lipstick in 05 - Mademoiselle.

I hope I can return next year; the studio is only open for one year!

No comments:

Post a Comment