Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Polish Review - Julep "Zoe"

Today I have a really pretty polish to share with all of you. It was one of my introductory Julep Maven box polishes for "Bombshell". I think I like it a little more than the other, since I'm not much of a pink girl, but I did need a good pink, so I'm not complaining! Julep Zoe is a really bright copper, like a brand-new penny. I wore it with the new basecoat that I also received as a Maven.

I adore the bright metallic colors, especially copper (maybe because my hair has copper highlights all through it). It reminded me at a glance of Revlon's "Copper Penny", but once I looked at the bottles (and I compared them in swatches) I realized that "Zoe" is much, much more metallic and brighter, whereas "Copper Penny" has more of a silver shimmer and is a more muted color overall.

The other nice thing about this color, besides the application (which is only the slightest bit brushstroke-y, is that is lasted pretty well, especially with the basecoat. In reference to brushstrokes, though, I should say that while I think it looks a lot more metallic, they market it as a frost.

I love this color and I think that even if I hadn't received it from Julep, it would have been on my to-buy list. It's a great copper, and very eye-catching. Squared Nails has a great swatch up with a couple of other Julep polishes. Just lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment