Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ideas Never End Well

For no good reason, I thought it would be fun to start a blog.

Most of the inspiration for starting a blog (especially when I have neither the requisite time nor creativity to maintain a blog properly) comes out of the fact that the fashion world has launched full speed ahead into the blogging world. Fashion blogging is in vogue, and now it ranks up there in importance somewhere next to Jimmy Choo and Prada.

... at least that's the rationale I'm giving myself for operating a blog. I've never been particularly good at blogging, keeping a journal, or anything else that requires me to regularly transcribe my thoughts to a verbal form, and I'm even worse when it comes to making the blog public. Either the blog's template turned into a place where I could exercise my (non-existent) creativity in creating an abhorrent agglomeration of black and red (or occasionally black and neon-green), or it eventually devolved into a place for ranting. I make no guarantees that there won't be the occasional rant, on here, but I do promise that if I get outspoken, it still will be entertaining.

So who am I? I'm a university student in the Rocky Mountain region, living in a mid-sized college town. It lacks quite a bit for fashion, any sort of urban vibe, and decent weather, but it's still home for the next couple of years or so. I made the decision to go for two majors and a handful of minors that still probably will not get me into any of the (Ivy League/overachiever-laden) graduate programs I am aiming for, but I am also stubborn enough to subject myself to a few extra semesters here in order to get everything I want. I'm liberal and a Democrat, so that might occasionally bleed through here (see the "occasional rant" caveat above), but I really do promise to keep this an open arena.

What's the blog? The idea is that it tackles fashion, beauty, and culture/pop-culture, but I also plan to work on a few pieces when I travel or find other interesting things to share. I don't have the most interesting life, but I'll try to give any (unfortunate) readers the hyped-up version that eliminates drama and polishes the rest into an interesting product...

I hope any readers like this. If someone starts reading, do comment in. It would be nice to think that I'm not talking to an empty room. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment