Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Product Review - Soothing Touch "Peppermint Rosemary Herbal Salt Scrub"


I'll have a few other posts this weekend, but to start, I had a short and quick product review for you guys.

Over Christmas, I found a sample of Soothing Touch's "Peppermint Rosemary Herbal Salt Scrub". I've been using my little sample since then. I have a mixed review, but I think my "issues" are really just my-skin peculiar, so I'm going to start by saying that I do like the product overall. :)

I like the smell and texture of the salt scrub, though it disappears very quickly when used on wet skin. I always use a apricot/walnut shell exfoliant, so I have become really accustomed to being able to achieve a substantial amount of scrubbing power. I think this still exfoliates pretty well.

I also think that this is supposed to be very moisturizing, and has the essential oils to accomplish this. However, I have fairly oily skin, and although I could be incorrect, it felt like it was hard to get the product off. Again, this could be intentionally left-over to moisturize, but without knowing that for a fact, I have to say that it felt like it clung to my skin after I'd "washed" it.

The smell is very nice, and I do think that it kept my skin smooth. People with dryer skin might really like this product; if you don't mind the "moisturizing" aftereffects, other skin types should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment